How long after giving birth did your period come?

I'm 37 almost 38, it's been almost 6 weeks after having my c-section and I'm not breastfeeding so I expected it to be here already. I was a heavy bleeder before I got pregnant, and I was told this first period would be even worse, so I want to be over and done with it :) I just am looking for a range of when it should show up....

amw529

Asked by amw529 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Health

• I was on my regular cycle the month after I had my son and it was no diferent then my other periods I had
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Well, I didn't start having my period regularly for about 9 months, but I was BF. I did get my period at about 7 weeks post delivery and it lasted for a a week and a half. For me, it wasn't that bad, it was just really long.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 5:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• About 9 weeks and I was just breastfeeding and nothing else!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 6:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I bled for 6 weeks straight after having Taylor. The Dr said this was normal and I was probably experiencing my period as well. After my 6 week appt, I started about a month later...so 10 weeks after.
    Mommy2Taylor54

Answer by Mommy2Taylor54 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009