Brown period...should I contact my gyn?

Hi everyone. Im hoping someone here might have a clue as to what's going on. I didn't find much on google search.

My period was due anyday now so I was't surprised when I went to the bathrom this morning and there was a lttle bit of red on the tissue. I put on a pad and went about my business.

My periods are usually super heavy in the beginning (first 3 days) and then is light the rest of the time. Sometimes I get a light brown whatever at the end.

Today my period is so light that it shouldn't even be called a period. And it's a DARK BROWN. Think the color of chocolate. It's also doen't smell at all...not even a period smell.

I don't think I'm pregnant, I'm not under unusual stress, my eating habits are the same, I'm not on birth control, I'm not sick, and I've been on the same medication for almost a year. I'm having some weight loss due to exercise but not an abnormal amount.

amethystrse

Asked by amethystrse at 3:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Health

• It could just be old blood. I wouldn't worry, if it happens again next month then call your doctor. I usually have a period like that about every 4 months. nothing to worry about.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It just indicates that it's old blood.
    You could be pregnant - it could be a sign of spotting.
    I would wait it out for a few day to see if it does develop into a period - sometimes old blood like that can occur from rough sex or what have you.
    It wouldn't hurt to contact your gyn too, just to hear their input.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had that, I was pregnant, implantation bleeding
    but it could be a lot of things
    pee on a stick
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I asked about this in another community. I was told that it's quite normal, especially after rigorious sex (which we had the other day....TMI I know). I was also told that it could be because my last period was super heavy (went to the gyno it was so bad. Everything checked out OK.). On here is the only place anyone suggested pregnancy but I'm not going to rule it out. I'm going to buy a test on Wed. after my husband gets paid.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009