Rhogram shot?

I went to the doctor today and found out my blood type is A negative and I have to get this shot at 28 weeks and then again after I give birth to the baby. They didn't really tell me much about it today. If any one has any REAL information about it, please tell me!
(No rude answers please, I am a first-time mom looking for advice, not criticism)
Thank you!

MrsBrockHardy

Asked by MrsBrockHardy at 3:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It means you are RH Negative. I am also. It is really hard to explain, so I would recommend looking it up online. Everyone is either positive or negative. They give you a shot at 28 weeks to protect your baby. Your body creates antibodies to fight off the RH positive, so if your baby is RH positive, this can harm them. Then when the baby is born they will check their blood type to see if they are RH Positive or RH negative. If they are RH negative I don't think you have to get the shot again. But if they are RH positive, they will give you the shot to help protect future babies you may have. Hopefully I explained this correct. I wouldn't worry about it. Both my sister and my mom had healthy babies and they are RH negative.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009