what do you see when you start to loose your mucus plug?

I was induced with my son so I have no clue what to look for..
when do you start to loose it?
does it hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had 3 kids and only noticed once when/if I lost mine. It doesn't hurt, it's basically a clump of discharge that comes out when you go pee. No big deal, you might be like I was twice and not even notice.
    Anonymous

• Yup, i agree with anon 12.36.
    Mine was like snot - gross, yes - and it was kind of streaked with blood. I never would've noticed it had I not seen the blood... then it immediately turned to bloody show.
    I was on strict hospital bed rest for 3 weeks, and had to have my urine measured and my RN look at it.. which is also how I found out about it too. :]
    And no, it doesn't hurt.
    The contractions though... Argh. I had back and stomach ones. Pain.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• ~OP
    What does it look like?
    Isthere blood with it?
    Anonymous

• Whoops.
    You generally lose your mucous plug when your body is ready to start going into labor. So... there really isn't a specific time or anything. :]
    K_Sawyer

• Yea, it is pretty common i guess to not notice losing it because i didnt notice with my pregnancy either. There was just always discharge so i guess if you lose it gradually you don't notice. But it looks like snot haha.
    kristen_renee3

Answer by kristen_renee3 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It looks like a big loogy. Sorry, but I can't think of any other way to describe it. I only noticed it with one of my three kids. I knew I was in early stages of labor, went to pee and there it was when I wiped. It sometimes has pink streaks in it from blood, but other than that it just looks like snot.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Mine came out pretty much all at once, so I noticed mine right away. It came when I wiped after peeing. It looked like a HUGE loogy with blood in it. THere wasn't a whole lot of blood though. I was pretty disgusted when I first saw it and didnt really know what it was. It didnt hurt at all. Just kind of grossed me out lol
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 5:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009