Chicken kabob recipe?

I have never made kabobs and would like to do chicken but does anyone have a good marinade they could share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• OMG, I've been making these awesome bacon wrapped chicken kabobs with pineapple...they are so good! I marinate the chicken over night in Soy Vey Teryaki (I'm sure any kind would be good) then wrap each chicken chunk with 1/2 a slice of bacon and skewer, I add a pineapple chunk or two on each skewer. On the side I serve grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms and more pineapples that were also marinated in the teryaki sauce. (I think skewering all that stuff is too much of a pita, so I do it on a big grill pan I use for veggies). DH LOVES this and I made it for a small bbq on Saturday and got rave reviews.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Mushroom, Red Pepper, and Squash Yakitori
    Makes: 12 skewers. Serves: 4 as an entree
    YAKITORI GLAZE:
    2/3 cup low-salt vegetable stock
    1/4 cup sake or apple cider or white grape juice
    3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari or braggs
    3 tablespoons mirin or dry sherry or apple cider or white grape juice
    1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
    2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
    2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 tablespoon water
    20 large white or cremini mushrooms (about 2-inch caps)
    20 l-3/4-by-l-inch rectangular pieces yellow crookneck squash (about 3 medium squash)
    28 1-1/2-inch squares red bell pepper (about 3 large bell peppers)
    1/3 cup vegetable oil for brushing
    Select twelve 10-to 12-inch wooden or metal skewers; if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes and drain before using.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• To make the glaze: Combine the vegetable stock, sake, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger in a medium non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and whisk into the soy mixture. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
    Preheat a grill to medium high or the oven to 450 degrees F.
    To assemble: Thread 5 mushrooms, lengthwise (starting with the bottom of each stem), onto each of 4 skewers. Thread 5 pieces of squash onto each of 4 other skewers and thread 7 red pepper pieces onto each of 4 other skewers. Place the kabobs on a baking sheet and brush with the vegetable oil, rotating the kabobs to coat evenly. Place the kabobs on the grill, grouping each type of vegetable for consistent cooking times.

• Close the grill and cook until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 20 minutes. (The vegetables have slightly different cooking times, so check them frequently for doneness.) Rotate the kabobs at least twice so the vegetables cook evenly. Brush liberally with the yakitori glaze a few minutes before the vegetables are ready. (Or, place the skewers on two baking sheets lined with aluminum foil and bake in the center of the oven for 25 to 35 minutes, basting at least twice after about 20 minutes.)
    Remove from the grill or oven and brush vegetables liberally with the glaze. Serve immediately, drizzled with additional glaze.
    Do ahead tips: The yakitori glaze can be made 1 week in advance, The skewers can be assembled 1 day in advance and brushed with oil just before cooking. They can also be cooked as directed 1 day in advance and reheated just before serving
    NOTE: I also use onion, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, sweet potatoes, whate