Are you a salt/pepper kinda chick, or do you go crazy with seasonings?

My mom and my grandma only use salt and pepper to flavor their food. I didn't know how much better food could taste until I met my fiance. He introduced me to cilantro and oregano and basil and garlic and all the other herbs and spices.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love to season! Basil is my favorite. I like thyme, oregano, garlic....practically any seasoning except celery seed and cilantro.
    Mrs. Dash makes some nice cheap seasonings for the lazy cook!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Garlic all the way! I would put it on french toast if I thought it would taste good!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• OMG Yes I loooove Mrs. Dash. I think that's the only "wild" seasoning my mom has in her cabinet.

Ohhh, all the flavors I missed out on as a child...
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I also love to season. I grow fresh herbs in pots on my deck. We are big on basil, rosemary, oregano, Essence, lemon pepper, chili seasoning, taco seasoning, hot pepper flakes, garlic (FRESH) fans.

I think the only thing I only like S&P on is a good steak, if its a good steak that's all it needs.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• GOYA ...YUP ADOBO GOYA...
    I LOVE CILANTRO GARLIC..
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i love spices. Thats why I have a twirling rack of 20 and then a bunch of others in the cabinet. garlic and I don't get along that well but i do use it in a lot of things now because my husband loves it
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• depends on wut im makin burgers get the salt pepper and garlic chicken and fish gets the same but also maybe a little lemon zest and juice and maybe some paprika lol so it all depends
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'm always buying new seasonings and trying them out. I love to season things. It's a great easy way to change up the same old recipe - throw in a new seasoning, and it changes it enough to make it seem new.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I love to try different herbs and spices and combinations. My "spice rack" takes up most of a kitchen counter. LOL
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Actually, I rarely use salt. I use pepper, garlic, onion powder, Lawry's. I like seasonings, I do NOT like bland and boring foods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009