Should I be concerned?

I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and I went to pee yesterday and when I wiped I had a decent size of a snot like glob. There wasnt any blood in it though. I havent seen it again, but my normal discharge is heavier. I'm not having any contractions other than regular BH. I was just wondering if I absolutely NEEDED to call my drs office? I have an appointment in a week, and would really like to avoid the dr for one week! (I've been going quite a bit it seems lately).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would just call and ask if your worried.. It might be your mucus(sp?) plug but I wouldnt be too worried.. Just call so your not up all night worrying haha.
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• that is called your mucus plug there is nothing wrong with loosing it you are fine lol don't worry about it i just barely lost mine like last week and i'm 39 weeks today :] i'm so excited you are okay you loose your mucus plug whenever it is ready to come out and the doctor will say the same thing :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Sounds like you lost your mucous plug. It's not really a concern, especially since there wasn't any blood in it! Some women lose them early and some later. If you are personally worried, you could call the doctor and ask about it, instead of going in.
    Rhimeadows1

Answer by Rhimeadows1 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• okay thanks! Its a pain in the butt to get ahold of the dr, he's the only OB in town. I'm not worried , just thought I'd ask around, in case I should be worried. I figured it was my mucous plug, I just hadnt heard of anyone else starting to lose it so early.
    Anonymous

• I am almost 34 weeks now and I started to loose mine at 32 weeks. I have been losing it very slowly and like when ever I have a BH contraction and then go to the bathroom then its there. I would just mention it to your dr at your next visit.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I've heard that if you see the mucous plug you usually go into labor very shortly after (a few days)...but if you're just loosing bits of it you may have awhile. I'd pack my hospital bag now just in case and if anything else changes call your doc asap.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 4:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If it didnt have blood in it and youre not contracting, its probably your body preparing for the baby. The baby could have dropped or it could have been the mucus plug. I wouldnt worry, but if you are worried you should call your doctor. Good Luck!
    brandidy56

Answer by brandidy56 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't worry. You can lose you mucus plug weeks before you go into labor. I'd mention it at your next appointment, pack your bag just in case, and keep monitoring yourself. Even if you had "bloody show" it could still be while before you go into labor. It could even just be thicker mucus due to a hormone shift since you are coming up on the end. I have no idea when I lost my mucus plug with my daughter, many women don't.
    MommyMilo

Answer by MommyMilo at 5:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009