for the ladies who have a child

would you recommend a bassinet for winter or a normal crib? Or would you recommend a play yard? this is for the winter.

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We used a bassinet and it was wonderful.
    He didn't start using a crib until about 4 months - but then he didn't like his crib... :/ so we used a toddler bed.
    But we did enjoy a bassinet. It's more cozier.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• A bassinet would probably be the warmest spot given it is the most enclosed. We used one for the first 4 mos, mostly because we kept Tess in the bedroom with us, didn't want to cosleep, and it took up less room than a crib would.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had a bassinet for my dd when she was first born but she only used it 2 times and then I moved her into her regular crib and she was born in the winter. With the baby I am having now I have found a different play yard that I am going to buy threw babies r us although I think they also sell them at target. I like it because besides the bassinet part and the changing table it also has a place for even smaller babies to sleep here is a link to it so you can see what I am talking about. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417592&isTopSellingItem=true
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had my daughter in November and I used a bassinet. Like someone else said, it seems cozier.
    I'm due in February with my 2nd and I plan on getting a playard since it's a bassinet and playpen in one. My daughter never seemed to like her crib and when she got bug enough to roll around, she would roll to the sides and get up under the bumper pads even if I had them tied down good and that always made me nervous.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I used a bassinet for my son for several months, I regretted it because then he didn't want to sleep in his crib. I'm skipping a bassinet this time and going straight to the crib from day one
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I used a bassinet ;my daughter was born in November. I only used it for the first three months and put her in her crib. I bought a pad with two small guards on each side to keep her from rolling. It helped alot b/c it also elevates the head and you can reposition baby to sleep on their side without being afraid they will roll on their tummy. It says it's good for preventing SIDS. I got it from Target for only $10.00. I plan on doing the same with this baby since he or she will be born in November as well.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 4:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i used a play pin that had the bassinet thing in it ajnd i used it in the winter my son was born dec 11th lol
    he was just fine in the play pin one lol i didnt want to waste the money on a bassinet when the play pin had one on it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Bassinet to begin with.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• We used a pack-n-play by Chico didn't want to waste money on something that I couldn't use later. I tell you it was the best thing we got... Also my son was kinda big and came the end of September. big smile mini

allison91103

Answer by allison91103 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

i used a play pin that had the bassinet thing in it ajnd i used it in the winter my son was born dec 11th lol

Your kid has my birthday! :O)
    &*&*&*&*

Both of mine were in the crib from the start at night, and in the bed part of a pack n play usually during the day. With my daughter, for her first month or two, we used a crib bumper to make the end she slept on sort of bassinet-sized. But she was a really small baby. Her brother came here too big to do anything like that.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009