HOW LONG

I HAD BLOODY SHOW AND I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG AFTER THE BLOODY SHOW DO YOU GO INTO LABOR...IM OVER DUE AND IF I DONT GO ON MY OWN IM GETTING INDUCED ON THE 19TH SO IM KIND OF ANXIOUS

Love_My_Lil_One

Asked by Love_My_Lil_One at 4:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby comes when he's ready. I was very late with both my girls and I'm expecting the same with this pregnancy. I know that it is frustrating...but in the end it's worth it!! Good luck.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 4:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I dont know from experience because I never saw my bloody show with my first but I heard that usually labor starts within the next 24 to 48 hours. GOOD LUCK!!!! Start walking a lot maybe that will help you get things going.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I believe bloody show means within 1-2 weeks. It's the mucous plug you should keep an eye open for. If you see a gelatinous thing in your toilet or underwear, you've got less than 2 days left usually.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 4:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah, momma shuler is right. 1-2 weeks usually, but since you're already overdue, maybe...hopefully sooner...Good Luck and God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Good to know....I'm expecting my first and no one has told me anything about bloody show. Glad I read about it here, I would have flipped out had it happened without me hearing about it first!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 5:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The day I had the bloody show with my 2nd I went into labor later that night. :0) Good luck mama!
    LilMommie86

Answer by LilMommie86 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i had my son 4 days after i saw mine.
    i would just give your baby more time. you don't have to go through w/ the induction. induction should only be used if medically necessary, and there are very few TRUE medical reasons for induction.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009