• In the Spotlight:

What is so wrong with it?

Why is it not good to give a toddler/child juice? My pedi tells me to give juice! It has stuff in that is not always good, but stuff that is very good in it! All you moms who only give milk or water.....do you drink other things in front of your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• They say because of the sugar content. I give my daughter juice...I just water it down.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 4:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I limit juice AND milk or my toddler would never eat! At least I get 100% juice
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I drink what my kids drink...Milk and water. Occasionally I make tea with splenda and share when it is hot. We do not do juice in this house because most of the nutrients are lost in it. It is loaded with sugar, and not a needed part of life.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• we give 1 cup of juice and 1 cup of milk daily, thats it.. i also offer koolaide and water... i see nothing wrong with juice or koolaide or anything in moderation!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The only juice we drink is orange juice. Juice has a lot of sugar even if it's 100% juice. You are better off eating the fruit instead.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I water down the 100% apple juice at least 50/50
    orange juice can still give her a diaper rash,
    so only really watered down orange or pineapple juice and very rarely

as for milk
    we live in Wisconsin, of course we drink milk
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I limit the juice I give my son, but he also eats a good amount of fresh fruit, so I don't need to give him a lot of juice. He can't drink a lot of orange juice because of the high acid content, so I give him juice blends. It's like everything else in life - moderation is best, too much of a good thing can be bad. And yes, I drink other things in front of my son that he is not allowed, specifically coffee and wine. I also drink tea, but he does not want to try that. Otherwise, we mostly drink water - everything else in much smaller doses.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I drink water and green tea. No where in life does the rule say you have to give juice. Juice is full of sugar which isn't good for the system imo.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I give juice but I water it down and they only get one sippy cup of juice a day. And yes, I drink other things in front of my children, because I am the adult.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2009