Tv on while co -sleeping

Do any of you co sleepers have the Tv on when you go to sleep? I do and wonder if I shouldn't have it on. Ideas welcome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it could be a problem unless your bub can't sleep with it on. So long as the tv isn't also used to put the baby to sleep... lol

We have co-slept since our bub was born (she's almost 2 now!) - and we don't keep a TV in our bedroom - so I can't help you there.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I semi co slept with my last baby. We always slept with the tv on. He would sleep just fine. He did sleep better once he moved to his brother's room where there was no tv. I think as long as the baby sleeps good I don't think there is a problem with the tv being on.
    tess785

Answer by tess785 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I have slept with the TV on since before I met my husband. Both of my boys have co-slept with us and didn't have any problems with it. I need some kind of noise to be able to sleep and the little bit of light from the TV (I darken it at night so it's not so bright) helps me to see enough to latch the baby on to nurse back to sleep when he wakes.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 5:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i co-slept with my dd, and i always had a tv on . dd is now almost 7, and although no longer co-sleeping i do sit with her till she's asleep. the tv is on, but on "mom's shows" and are deemed to boring for her! the tv has never been used to put her to sleep but rather (especially now) to keep mom awake lmao!
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter sleeps in a crib in my room. I put her to bed about 2 hours before I go to bed, so the TV is off, but she falls asleep to a disney CD playing. Then when I go to bed I turn off the music and turn on the TV. It doesn't even phase her.
    Anonymous

• my guy sleeps in my room in his basinette and i can't sleep without tv on so needless to say he's got the tv on in the background too. when we move him to his crib, that room will be tv-less, so i'm curious to see how that will go....
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009