do you eat the "heal" of the bread?

My husband always fusses at me because I leave the heal of the bread in the bag. My mom never used it, she said it shielded the loaf from going stale... guess i just do what my mom did. DH likes to eat it but I hate it when he does! lol

3lilgems

Asked by 3lilgems at 4:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the crust is the best part....esp if it's home made bread
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• lol i dont eat it but my husband will lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i save the front heal until all i have left is the two heals. And then i eat them together in a sandwhich. I NEVER use it for toast though.
    My mom never ate the heals either. Said the same thing your mom said.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I leave it in the bag until all thats left is the two heels. I refuse to eat them. As a kid I got stuck eating them all the time. My Husband prefers them for toast..so it works out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah they get eaten one way or another. We usually give them to the kids in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Anonymous

• Only from French or Italian Bread that is unsliced. The heal from a loaf of store bought, I give to the birds to eat.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• No, but LOL, don't tell my secret now...
    I put peanut butter on the end side, and pair it with a regular peice with jelly, and serve it to the kids who HATE the end peices as much as I do. They don't see that it is an end peice, and have never complained. Shhh....
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 4:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• no i dont eat it, unless its banana bread!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah my mom always said the heels were there to keep the bread fresh, so I don't eat them and I don't feed them to the kids, dh will sometimes eat them if he can get to them before I throw them out!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• No but my DH and son will. My daughter and I wont LOL
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009