How many times a day do you think you hear the kids call you "Mommy"???

OMG!!! Don't get me wrong I love being a mommy but never knew the word mommy would never run out.

MOMMMY this, MOMMY that!!!! (Not to mention the dh doesn't help he acts like a kid too for his needs)....aarrgg!!!

Help! Either it is all at the same time or one after another. I babysit too and they call me mommy bc they are here with us allday I don't mind I just wish it would come in spurts...uh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The other day I almost lost it. My daughter is in her high chair screaming MOMMY, my son keeps running out from his room to ask me for help with something. My husband is in the shower and I hear BABE I need you. Work is calling me even though it is my day off and I am trying to make dinner.
    Yeah, I was at my wits end.

My daughter is young, so she says Mommy all the time. She kind of sings it almost. When she is actually talking to me, probably about 15 times a day. My son is probably closer to about 50 times a day. Mostly to ask a question or to show me something he drew or built with Legos. And my husband needs my help probably 10-15 times a day.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I don't think I can count as high as the number of times my girls say it. And they don't say "mommy" they say "mama," which drives me NUTS.

They often call out "mamaaaaaaa" even when they are sitting next to their dad (who is completely willing to help them with whatever they need). It's universal, I guess.
    JulieAnn65

Answer by JulieAnn65 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would say about 50 million times a day. Mommy I need this, Mommy I can't find this, Mommy how do you do this, Mommy I can't get this to work, Mommy, sissy hit me. Then my kids will walk in and go "Mommy I love you" completly out of the blue and all is well till it starts over again.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• LOL, my kids just got home from a week long stay with grandma, so I haven't heard Mom or mommy all day, they keep calling me GRANDMA! LOL, but I'm sure by tonight, they will remember my name and be saying it every 2 seconds! :)
    Inkedmommy007

Answer by Inkedmommy007 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom.
    Mommy can I say something?
    I need to talk
    Mommy did you hear what said?
    mom, mom, Mom, MOm, MOM,
    Mommy do remember the time...?
    Mom, mom, mom, mom...!
    Mommy
    Mommee
    mommeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    That about covers the first fifteen minutes my son is awake. I may have missed a few since invariably he wakes up before me. =/
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• This question & answers have me laughing! I have 5 of my own.........all different ages (5-20) so I hear it ALL day long & in many different ways! Even on the cell, they'll text me "Mom I need to get picked up"...."Mom, can you bring me......." It never ends.....then we'll have grandkids & we'll miss hearing our little ones calling us Mommy!
    Bunnee

Answer by Bunnee at 12:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• oh...the hubby is just as bad! Some days I'm glad he'satwork! LOL
    Bunnee

Answer by Bunnee at 12:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2009