cake question....help!

For my daughter's 1st birthday we are going to celebrate it on the park. Now my question is we will be having a FULL SHEET cake. So where can I store it untill we cut it? is there a cooler big enough? Please help. I have 5 weeks left to plan this out so any advice will help thank you.

lasisterd

Asked by lasisterd at 5:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• If you cant find a cooler big enough, try freezing it the night before.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• our party is this weekend also at a park and im jsut leaving our out on teh table, well in its box... it wont go abd in the few hours its outside...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• it depends on if you are having whipped topping or buttercream. If buttercream throw it in the freezer the night before and it will be fine if you take it out in the morning and let it sit out until serving time. Whipped has to be refigerated. Is it possible to arrange a pick up time so you get it on the way to the park? That would be the easiest answer. Then there is no worry.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• See if the bakery will freeze it for you and let you pick it up on the way to the park. I am thinking that in August it could be pretty hot and frosting would melt. Or maybe go with cupcakes instead of a cake. Cupcakes could be stacked in a cooler.

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• This might sound dumb but you decide. Freeze a metal cookie sheet and then with the cake left in the box put the box on that. Maybe it will keep it cool. I don't know if freezing it would make it taste gross or even thawed enough. Hope that helps.
    Valerie_2

Answer by Valerie_2 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009