When your lo got hurt for the first time how did you react?

So I feel like the worst momma ever!! Blane (6 months old) was playing on his rocking horse and I was setting right next to him I looked up for a second and the next thing I know he fell off and bumped his head and elbow. He cried so hard and I felt HORRIBLE! I know accidents will happen but this is his first and it scared me so bad! :( I cried so hard after I got him calmed down.

How did you react to your baby's first real accident?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats funny you would say that my daughter is 6 months old and her auntie, my sister got her arm caught in her swing and she got hurt real bad. I know its not quite as severe but I think you reaction was appropriate. I think you should be more careful about leaving hm in somethingh like that that he can fall out of he is still so very young. I am very sorry for his injury though it makes me feel sad when any baby gets hurt I truely hope he is ok.
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 5:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• He is okay it just scared him and scared me even more...
    Anonymous

• My DD (3 months) jerked in her sleep when I was cutting her finger nails, and I pinched her skin and made her bleed all over. I just cried with her until we both felt better!
    hooraywesay

Answer by hooraywesay at 7:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009