What is a good,tasty veggie snack for a toddler?

Vero529

Asked by Vero529 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, it is trial and error.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 5:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Hummus is wonderful, they can dip anything in it, including veggie sticks.
    Edamame is great, snap peas, lightly steamed carrots and broccoli....
    Anonymous

• My daughter's love carrots and ranch or canned green beans.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My kid also eats the crap out of green beans, canned or fresh. He'll dip anything into ranch dressing...not that ranch dressing is the healthiest, but it's till better than sugary stuff!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my dd loves just plain veggies but for kids that dont...i think making them look like fun stuff would help. im sure if you google fun veggie recipes for kids you would get lots of cute ideas. maybe get them involved in making it too? good luck :)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I buy frozen single serve veggie sides to share with my son. It started because my hubby doesn't really eat veggies and I craved greens, broccoli, etc when pregnant. I get those mixes like green giant has- the ones that say digestive health, weight,etc. - a few different mixes for variety.
    I usually cook them for lunch -fork out a portion onto his high chair tray and eat the rest. They are filling and an easy way to eat healthier for both of us. Also, he can't eat most raw veggies because he doesn't have teeth yet...
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 7:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• celery with peanut butter on top and rasins "ants on a log" let them help they might love it.
    maretab

Answer by maretab at 11:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Great ideas !!!!! Thank you so much I'm going to try them all LOL : - ) !!!!!!!
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009