Good Vegetarian/Vegan cookbook?

I'm not Vegetarian/Vegan, but want some healthy, tasty recipes to try to add more variety to my meal planning.
Anyone have a recommendation?

timelessglass

Asked by timelessglass at 5:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• anything by Drena Burton
    Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson
    anything by Nava Atlas
    Vegan Lunch box by Jennifer McCann

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Look at the Moosewood Restaurant cookbooks (by Mollie Katzen). Mark Bittman (How to Cook Everything) has just put out How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. The other diva of vegetarian cooking, besides Mollie Katzen, is Deborah Madison.

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Websites! www.veganyumyum.com www.vegweb.com

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I second the "Moosewood Restaurant" cookbooks. I grew up with one of the first editions and when I left for college was given a newer version that I still own. I also like "The Vegetarian Epicure"!! The first recipe I ever cooked on my own was out of this book when I was in elementary school! My mother gave me her copy and ends up calling me for recipes out of it all the time! It is falling apart in pieces in my kitchen cabinet, bound and re bound over and over with duct tape.

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 3:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Thank you for your suggestions, ladies. I'm going to research every one of them.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have an older Vegetarian cookbook called "The Horn of The Moon Cook Book" by Ginny Callan. It has some awesome vegetarian recipes, but not many vegan ones. "Soy of Cooking" by Marie Oser is another of my favorites. Now I have to check out all these other suggestions too....
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 9:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Vegan With A Vengeance and The Veganomicon
    AmandaQuu

Answer by AmandaQuu at 10:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009