Do you\would you let your children sleep in the same bed?

My sons like to sleep in the same bed. My younger son (21 months) won't sleep in his crib anymore.

It's a pretty big bed, even though it's a twin. They share a room, and if we took the crib out it would create a nice sized play area for the two of them where we could put an art desk for the two of them.

So my question is, do you let your kid's sleep together? Is it a bad idea? They have been for the past month, and i'm not sure if I should keep it the way it is or buyu a toddler bed.

StifflersMom82

Asked by StifflersMom82 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah, I'd let them. My boys have their own twin beds, but they have them pushed together to make one big bed. Eventually, they will decide they want to be separate, and that'll be fine, too. It's good, in my opinion, that they want to be so close. A sign that they will always be close, I hope.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would just let them sleep together, if they don't mind I don't see why that would be a problem and besides that way they will have more room to play
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Sure I would let them sleep together.. I dont see any problem with it.....
    The only time I think i wouldnt like it if they where older & opposite sexes.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Sure, why not. That used to be the norm. Even back in the 50s...my mom shared a bed with 3 of her sisters (a full sized bed) most of her life. They are all very close.
    We even considered buying just 1 twin bed for our 2 girls (they were 2 and 4 at the time). I would wait to get the toddler bed when they start complaining about having to share (that could be tomorrow or years from now the way kids are).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I don't see a prob. with them sleeping toghether but I do see where they may each also want their own space. My a trundle or bunk bed so they have an alternative available when/if they want it or when they are ready for it???
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Go for it. If they start to complain then I'd get another bed.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would just let them sleep together as long as they will. It would be nice to have extra play space.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My girls have their own beds but often end up in the same bed. I used to sleep with my sister all the time.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My kids sleep together all the time. in different combinations. My 3 yr old will sleep with my 15 yr old and my 11 and 7 yr old and then they will swap. We are family and we love one another. That in and of itself makes it okay.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My mom had five sisters...they had to share two beds (and one bedroom) until they graduated from high school and left home. I would let your sons share a bed. There's nothing wrong with it.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009