what do you and your kids do all day

me and my 2 year old son go swim color do puzzles read books go to the park play playdohand watch some tv durring the day not in that order but there is only so much coloring playdohing and swimming we can do and we dont have money to spend on going out so any ideas?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we have lots of play time, my kids are pretty independent they dont need me to give them things to do.. we color and paint, sometimes, and go out when the weather is ok.. take walks, but moistly they play and i clean
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• look for a playgroup in your area. if there isnt one think about starting one if you can.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• we do lots of little crafts, i pick up cheap crafts whenever im out at the store (walmart has a good section, but sometimes you can find some cheap ones in clearance isles at grocery stores, or dollar stores) we've decorated picture frames, made tiaras, made magic wands, painted plastic windchimes. other than crafts, she helps me clean house, helps me cook breakfast and lunch, we go to the pool and park a lot too and we have lots of activity coloring books that are helping me teach her about letters and words. shes almost three, i have taught her the alphabet and how to count to 15 in engish and to 10 in spanish, all her colors and shapes, she loves to learn new things so we do that atleast an hour a day and read a lot too. hope this helps :)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Dollar stores are great for cheap crafts. Plus they have poster boards and finger paints. I would hang several poster boards on the wall at my daughter's height and pour different colored finger paints onto paper plates and let her go nuts. She felt like she was coloring up the walls and I was getting great masterpieces of art which I still have to this day. Washable markers and crayons are good for that too!
    WickedRo

Answer by WickedRo at 9:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009