Anyone know what the best way is to find a single mom roommate?

I'm a single mom and would like to find another single mom who would like to live in a beautiful home in Clarendon Hills. I don't want to place ads on Craigs list because then I get a lot of random people contacting me.

In short, I'd like to move to Clarendon Hills because it has the top schools in Illinois. Unfortunately, the homes there are very expensive so I can't afford to pay for the rent on a home by myself. I did find one home (very beautiful, 4 bdr in a great family neighborhood and with the best school system) but need someone to split with me.

Any ideas on how I can find someone, please respond.

Kindest Regards,
Mary

MaryD11

Asked by MaryD11 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hi Mary! I live in Chicago; it is so much easier to be a single parent in the city than in a way-our suburb. My daughter attended the top public jr. high program in Illinois, which is part of a six-year high school program (the same school Michele Obama attended); if she keeps her grades up, she will graduate high school with at least one year of college credits. The class of 2009 received a total of $14,000,000 in scholarships, or an average of $28,000 per student.
    Feel free to contact me offlist.
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2009