Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I change my son's last name?

Father didn't sign anything, wasn't even there. When they asked at the hospitol, I put the father's last name and it is his legal name even though the father didn't sign.
On the birth certificate, the father's section is empty. The only thing of the father's that he has is the last name. I don't know how they allowed it, but they did.

How do I change my son's last name?
Let me begin by saying he was born in Cook County, IL but we live in Montgomery county, TN. He was born June 2007, I put his bio father's last name thinking that will help him be a part of his life. I was wrong. Now I am married to a better man and have to live with him having the last name of a man who wants nothing to do with him and wouldn't even sign the birth certificate. I don't want him to have that name, I rather put that in the past and have him have my married name. I just had another baby and I want us all to have the same last name.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Your local courthouse can answers those questions better than anyone here can! I suggest you contact them. =)

    Answer by firenicecream at 7:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

  • Maybe Legal Aid can help, too since it involves another state.

    Answer by mama_k228 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.