Waterpark during pregnancy

Hi everyone. I have a random, odd question... I haven't gotten to see my dr yet and I just found out I'm pregnant. Do you know if it's safe to go down water slides while pregnant. We have an all day event planned with friends coming up soon. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not sure but i wouldnt risk it personally
    id go ahead and at least call your dr and ask
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would call and ask too. If you're just pregnant I would imagine that there wouldn't be as much of a risk....but I'm no dr. so I would just call. most of the time the office should have a nurse that can answer that type of question. Better safe than sorry :)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 6:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I know that anything that forces water "up there" is dangerous when pregnant, so I would be wary of slides and the like. But just swimming in waterparks is fine because baby is protected by the mucus plug. After that falls out shortly before delivery, you're advised to stay out of pools and baths.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• you don't want to be on anything that will jerk you around, expecially in the first trimester. you might miscarie, i would just swim, no rides.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009