Has anyone tried the Special K diet?

I am thinking about trying it and was just wondering if anyone has tried it and got good results from it? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Tried it for a couple weeks, and I did lose a couple pounds. But I was also *always* hungry so I abandoned it after a couple weeks because it was too monotonous...special k all the time!
    DCchick06

Answer by DCchick06 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes, I have done it now for a month, I have lost 11 lbs...

But I also, have been walking about 2 miles a day and eating less dinner....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I tried it years back and lost 80 lbs in a year. I also was running 3 times a week, but, I did get good results from it. Good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 11:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009