How in the world do i potty train my two year old daughter she will be three in sept and nothing is working i cant take it!! Besides that we just moved to denver from LIMON and we have no friends

momatseventeen

Asked by momatseventeen at 6:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd is 2 and she will only go to the potty if shes naked if she has painties on or anything she will go in them hope this helps!! good luck i know its stressful
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The move will upset everything for a while. Potty training in the months before, during and for several months after a move is one of the warning signs for "not a good time to potty train".

Once your daughter has adjusted to her new home, let her run naked in the house. Just flat out tell her, there is the potty. You use that now. Throw out the diapers and pullups. If she has an accident on the floor, you calmly say "Oops. I know you wanted to use the potty. Next time you'll do better." Then have her clean it up - not as punishment but in the same matter of fact way you ask her to clean up her toys. You can follow up with actual cleaners but she can mop up pee and carry poop to the potty for flushing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter didn't train until she was just over 3. My ped said it was normal and about 25% of kids don't potty train until after 3. With all the big changes, I'd give her a bit more time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Maybe she isn't ready, if she's not then you will have an awful time. Its perfectly fine to keep her in diapers theres no law that says she has to be potty trained by a certain age. All of my kids have been potty trained at different ages ranging from 2 1/2 all the way to almost 4. She will do it when she is ready, so for now relax and take a break. When its time to start again use lots of positive reenforcement, sticker charts, lolly pops ect. Don't make too big of a deal if she has an accident but have her help change/ clean her self up. Its not so much fun to poop your pants if you have to wipe your own butt LOL
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 6:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• they really do go at their own pace. my dd potty trained shortly after turning two, but she was just ready, i was working with her and nothing was working and then all the sudden, like a light switch, she was just ready herself. what i did though was buy her pretty panties (dora-her fav.) and let her run around the house just wearing her panties (sometimes completely naked) and i watched her constantly for a couple days and once i caught her getting ready to poop and rushed her to the potty and ever since she pooped in the potty she didnt want to poop in a diaper anymore, we worked a couple more days on peeing in the potty and we were good, she didnt do very well in the little plastic potties, but when i got her the little seat that goes over the regular potty, it was much better. just be consistant and patient, i wouldnt scold when she has an accident because shes just learning. good luck:)
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• When she is ready it should be easy. Do you feel pressure because you want to put her in day care? Are you having trouble affording diapers?

If you don't have friends go out and make some. It is easy when you have a little one. Look on Craigslist for moms groups.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• When it came time to potty train my daughter (who is 8 now) it was a very slow and hard process. She didn't like to be in the bathroom and she would constantly get off the potty without really giving it a chance. I finally got so frustrated that I filled up a huge basket with all kinds of toys and things I picked up at the dollar store. I told her that she could get one prize for every time she went pee and two prizes every time she went poop. Then I also gave her some books to distract her while she was in the bathroom and soon she was going with no problems. She was always so excited when she went because she got to pick a prize out of the prize basket! Good luck and hope everything comes out well!
    WickedRo

Answer by WickedRo at 8:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My son is turning 2 Aug. 2nd we started potty trainning him early because they say boys are harder, when we started we started off by telling him if you pee pee in the potty you will get a treat like smartys those are the best or jelly beans m&ms melt in your mouth kind of things, i had to learn what he looked like will he was peeing in his diaper or pull up and sat him on the potty so they can get the feel of what it feels like "that sensation" we had a "potty party" he loved that celebration, now he thinks everytime he pottys he gets two jelly beans and we have to jump up and down and scream "pee pee in tha potty" over and over, just make it fun GL to you!!!!
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2009