after every feeding i wash the bottles with soap and water and them put them in the steamer. however, I am going to visit family for the night and am trying to decide if I need to pack the steamer or if I can just use soap and water to wash and prep the bottles while I am away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you don't have to steam it everytime soap and water works just fine
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If the water is tap water, and your baby doesn't have immune problems, then soap and hot tap water should be OK for a day.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i never even had a steamer, my kids are okay. im sure your baby will be fine
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah i read somewhere u only should steam once a week anyhow. But that's just me, I've been using just dish soap and water all along.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 7:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You know after 3mths you really only have to do the whole disinfecting thing,boiling, steaming, when you get new nipples and bottles. Hot soapy water or the dishwasher will work as long as there are no health problems that you need the extra disinfecting for.
    yeaigot4ofem

Answer by yeaigot4ofem at 7:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• the extra cleaning and steaming is a bit redundant

hot soapy water or dishwasher is fine.

new bottles and nipples need to be washed/sterilized though.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I only wash the bottles and nipples in hot soapy water. I've never steamed them except when I bought them from the store before I used them.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2009