• In the Spotlight:

I am currently using avent bottles with the size "1" nipple which is 0 months. Do I change the nipple to the size "2" which is for 1 month based on my babies age? or is there another method?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your baby will let you know. Look for the following signs: collapsing the nipple while feeding, taking a super long time to feed, falling asleep halfway through the bottle. If the baby is doing these things, it's time to switch. I just went through this with my baby.
    bradybunchmom75

Answer by bradybunchmom75 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my daughter is almost 3 months and we haveant changed because if we get the faster flow nipples she chokes
    i agree with the pp look for those signs before changing
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Are you nursing and using bottles too or are you using formula? If you are nursing, you need to just stay with the slowest flow nipple. I don't know about using bottles with formula.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 7:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Change the nipples based on how well your baby is eating. Check with your pediatrician too.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Most nipples are like baby clothes 0-3 or 6 for some then 3-6 and so on untill 12mth. Err on the side of caution and wait it won't hurt your baby to have to suck a little harder to get her food. It's better than having to swallow to fast to keep up with a too fast flow, which will cause her to swallow extra air.
    yeaigot4ofem

Answer by yeaigot4ofem at 7:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I always changed with with the age or if my baby seemed to be taking to long to finish his bottle.

Anonymous