Has anybody ever delt with pregnancy induced hypertension?

I have been put on bedrest at 32 weeks. I still feel fine and do not have protein in the urine or any other symptoms other than high blood pressure. My Dr. is calling this preeclampsia. Have any of you experienced this where you are on bedrest just for high blood pressure. Also, he is mentioning inducing at 37 weeks. Does that sound normal to any of you?

shelbi202

Asked by shelbi202 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had really high bp starting at 29 weeks and I went into pre-term labor, but they were able to stop it. I was induced at 39 weeks. If you want PM me and I'll tell you all about it.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had PIH twice but both times it turned into actual pre-eclampsia. I started spilling protein. They put me on blood pressure medicine and bedrest. Try to stay on your left side as much as possible. With my first I was induced at 35.5 wks and with my second I made it to 37 weeks. Try not to stress about it because it isn't good for your blood pressure. I've had it serious and I've had it mild. Any questions feel free to PM me. Good luck!

sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009