JEHOVAH WITNESS

I hear how kids get forced to go door to door so if thats true when your told to do something or get ready to go somewhere are you forced? NO, your were a child and had to do what you were told and it probably helped you sonehow. I hope as an adult those who say they were forced come to see the TRUTH in the situation. And just for the record my son goes to kingdom hall and is very happy and i dont make anyone go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not really sure I completely understand what your point and/or question is, but as a child when your parents tell you to do something the only "choice" you have is to do what they ask or suffer the consequences. I'm sure something like that would "help" a person by showing them that that way of life is not for them, opening their eyes to the "Truth" that those beliefs are not for them.
    Anonymous

• I was never made to do anything! I in turn don't make my children do anything. They (especially our 11yr old DD) loves going to the meetings, commenting and talking to everyone before and after the meetings. There are probably some kids who do feel like they HAVE to go - I'm sure that can be found in any family of any faith but for the most part we encourage our families to attend meetings and go out in the preaching work.

That's one reason we don't infant baptize to ensure that whatever the child/young adult is doing is because of their love for Jehovah and not because mom or dad said this is the life WE choose for you.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I don't know and I'm sorry to offend whoever you are, but I'm pretty sick and tired of Jehova's Witnesses ringing my doorbell on Sat mornings and disturbing me, my husband who's trying to sleep as he works 3rd shift, and my 4 month old baby. I'm pretty disgusted by the brochures asking if "I'll survive the end of the world" too.
    Anonymous

• Since we would have no way of telling that your husband works the 3rd shift and is resting and or you wish not to be disturbed at all the next time a Witness knocks on your door simply tell them no thank you (which you've probably done already) and let them know you wish to be put on the "DO NOT CALL" list. The person who knocks on your door is responsible for going back and letting the elders or service overseer that way the next time the group is working your street that your door is not to be knocked on.

Not many people know that but this list does exist.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Oh and btw, you're not offending me - my skin is much thicker than that! hahaha
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I didn't know there was a do not call list. But thank you.
    Anonymous

• I was FORCED to go door to door in 100 degree heat and humidity. I remember thinking, "there is no hell because Jehovah allows us to torture ourselves!" It was one of many things that lead me to become an atheist, which in the end lead me to the feet of Christ. All things work together....
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My children go to a Christian church and they are very happy there as well.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• There wasn't a "do not call" list back in my day. I wish there were, 'cause there is nothing like being hot, tired and sweaty AND having doors slammed in your face. The best way to keep JWs from coming back is to witness to them and offer them some of your Christian literature.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would have to say that no you are not forced but sometimes you do things that are to please your parents but do not really come from you heart. Being raised as a Jehovah's Witness it does not really lead you to search out the truth on your own in essence it is forced upon you. I never enjoyed going door to door and dreaded ringing the doorbells, every time I rang one I would hope that no one would answer, especially someone who is opposed to the "truth", is not a position that you want to put a child in. My Father was an unbeliever and although I was not told not to associate with him I took the ques that were told to me which was to get as far away from him as possible which has led me to be a stranger to someone who loves me which truly I cannot imagine that being Jehovah's will. I wound up being disfellowshipped for something I never did the elder that prompted the df was later dfed himself but that did nothing for
    Anonymous