Anyone had a light spotting...

i am 8 weeks prego and was just at my drs.4 days ago. we heard a heartbeat and saw the yolk with the fetal pole. today i went to the bathroom and when i wiped i saw a little blood. i have miscarried before and it started as brownish color spotting. this is different. has anyone had this and went on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I've spotted.
    Once before I found out - implantation bleeding. Second when I was roughly 8 weeks pregnant. Possibly 9.
    As long as it's dark brown/brownish and not bright red - you should be okay.
    I had a healthy pregnancy for the most part... but I had a lot of risk factors, that had nothing to do with my spotting - trying not to freak you out. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I did. It started when I was around 6 weeks. And last until about 14 weeks. I can't really remember, but for most of my 1st trimester I was SURE I was losing the baby. We went to the er several times. And in the beginning, nothing could be seen on U/s. I bleed off and on and then it finally stopped completely in my second trimester.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i forgot to mention that i am also taking progesterone and wondering if that would cause spotting.
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 7:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had a little spoting when i was about 6-7 weeks along.
    Its normal I guess, My daughter turned out just fine!
    If you are worried about your pregnancy you should go to the doc, if anything it will put your mind at rest!
    mach1racer

Answer by mach1racer at 7:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I spotted for the first five months I was pregnant with my son. It always happened around the time I would have normally had a period. I carried him to 38 weeks and he is a happy, healthy 3 year old today. Good luck and God bless!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 7:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I did and everything is just fine! :)
    Rachelle2283

Answer by Rachelle2283 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I had the same problem with my first pregnancy and he is now almost 6mths old and VERY healthy. I just found out I am expecting again and am nervous that it will happen again, but my OB said that spotting is very common in some women. My advice is to keep an eye on it and call the dr as soon as you get worried, if you get worried. You know your body better than anyone else. I'll pray that all goes well.... Good Luck!!
    scaredmom1

Answer by scaredmom1 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• thank you everyone for your support. it is nice to hear positive things. i did have another us today and there is still a heart beat of 150 and everything is growing on schedule. i go back monday for another. trying to stay positive
    Anonymous