How big is big ?

My daughter just had her four month check up and the doctor told me that her head is bigger than average and i need to have a ultra sound done. Her HC is 46 1/2 But she is also 16 lbs 10 ounces and and 27 inches long. I think she looks fine. But I could use some input. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they probably are just take a precaution just to make sure nothing is wrong
    you have a good dr since they are wanting to check because the baby is above normal
    id want my dr to check
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• when my son had a six month check up he was 18 pounds he wears 18 month cloths and they told me he was underweight and he is really chubby and has a belly on him, but he is considered underweight cuz he is long.
    Maybe her head is just to big for her body but she will grow into it, my first son has a huge head and I have to put on cloths him a little bigger then for his age or else it looks funny, there bodies are growing and changing so they just have to grow into them
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It never hurts to check! My hubby had a huge head as a small child. The doctors ran all kinds of tests on him-sure something was wrong. Nope. He just had a big head, and still does!! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter just had a her 4 month check up a couple weeks ago. She was 13lbs, 9 oz and 24 inches long. Her weight is in the 70% her height is in the 40% and her head was right at 50%. It sounds like you got a long, healthy little girl. I think like another poster said, the doctor is just taking precautions and I wouldnt worry about much.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my youngest has a big head too....we've done all the scans - pretty much as a precaution to anything that could be wrong. if there is anything wrong they'll find it and be able to take the measures to fix.

good luck!

(oh yeah...kids are all different sizes and shapes. my oldest is long and tall, middle is tiny petite, youngest is short and round)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Thank you everyone for the answers. it helped aloPr
    lauren31209

Answer by lauren31209 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2009