contractions

How long do you keep track before going to the hospital...And do you have any secrets to get this going. I've had strong contractions get about 8 minutes apart for maybe 45 min to an hour, then they stop. I can't figure out wat to do to keep them going. I've been dialated to 2 for about a week and been walking at the mall for 2 or 3 hours everyday. But I don't feel anything is helping. Any advice on either issue.

angeleyes0306

Asked by angeleyes0306 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor always told me 6-8 in an hour. That could be one every 10 minutes or less. What did your doc say? You can call the nurses at the labor clinic if it's after hours and ask them. When are you due?
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• The 20th...i'm wondering if i'm going to have to be induced again...with my son i was at a 2 for 2 1/2 weeks and the contractions never got hard or close enough to do anything.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• What's the rush. Watch TV. Get fun movies. Soak your feet. Finish any last minute projects. Read a book.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My doctor was only called by the hospital if they were seriously 5 minutes apart for a good half hour. But everyone progresses differently also. I've had 3 children and they pretty much come when they want, and still are my bosses as they grow. Do whatever your body feels best doing to keep comfortable. No real tricks, seafood, etc... If it's your first I have great advise !!! I learned after #2. Drink as much water as you can prior to arrival to keep you hydrated, as any meds they give you will dry you up like a raisin. They like to keep you off water and maybe just ice chips during the fiasco. Word to the WISE !! Good luck, take it all in !!! It's amazing. !!!
    Overanalyzer

Answer by Overanalyzer at 10:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2009