What are some breads without wheat that will appeal to an 8 year old?

I just found out that my daughter and I are sensitive to wheat and eggs and need to eliminate it from our diet. She's already sensitive about having foods that are "different" from other kids. I need some suggestions for what to pack in her lunchbox when it's time to go back to school so I can get her used to the changes.

ZAEllen

Asked by ZAEllen at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I have a dear friend with the same problem. Check out celiac disease. Look for Dr Scot Lewey. He is local to where I live and a professional on the subject. One of his websites... thefooddoc.com It is usually hereditary. If you have it dd got it from you which means at least one of your parents have it also and any other children you have could obtain it as well. I know it is a tough road but you will learn to work through it. Please dont ignore your new found information. Hope this helps.
    njoynlife

Answer by njoynlife at 1:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Well my cousin has Diabeties and Seiliac Disease and she gets this potatoe bread.. its about the same price as all other breads and is in your bread isle at your local grocery store.. it tastes great! its a bit heavier persay then other breads but it should help a lot .. she can eat it without having any issues.. good luck!
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Check out the gluten free group here. They have alot experience and are very helpful with these types of questions including what tastes good to kids.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2008