if you had to choose to have someone to watch your kids in an emergency would you pick your friend who had been drinking or your friend who smoked pot?

you trust them the same, and know that they would never allow anything bad to happen to your child no matter what, and you had an emergency and they are the only one that could watch your children but one admits to having some drinks and the other admits to have smoked a joint who would you feel more comforitable with and why.
ps mj is leagal were i am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would just take my kid with me, there is nothing more important then my kids safty, and besides I don't trust anyone with my kids only family mostly my mom
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• if i absoulutely had to choose id pick the pothead bc atleast they wnt fall or drop my kid theyll just laugh alot lol
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I understand that your friends would never want anything to happen to the kids but when they are in a different frame of mind something could very possibly happen to them due to that drugs impair the ability to think right. I would Honestly take my kids with me because something cold happento them. I have friends like that but I don't trust them to watch them if they are on any drugs at the time.

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'd pick the potsmoker. I just don't think that impares you the way alcohol does.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 7:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• If I HAD to choose:

In this case I would pick the person who had SOME DRINKS. It's not like they are drunk! A lot of people have some drinks and are well below legal limit and legally can still drive a car.

A joint would be more dangerous to me in this case...
    Anonymous

• neither id pick the sober neighbor
    besides legal or not my friends are that stupid
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't choose either. Both things are irresponsible and impair you. I would take my kids with me.

Anonymous

• if i couldn't take them with me then 100 % the pot smoker, alcohol in my oppinion should be illegal. it is responsible for many deaths, and violent crimes. i also think that pot isn't the greatest either but two very diffrent things. if i had smoked a joint i would feel safer to watch somones kid than if i had drank alcohol.
    mommommom1988

Answer by mommommom1988 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would just have to take my kids with me.
    But if I had to leave them,,it would be the one how had a few drinks..As long as that person was not going to drive.

Answer by louise2 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• id pick the pot smoker at least they just have a delayed reaction but a clear head as far as right and wrong
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 7:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009