Swollen purple foot - plantar fasciitis, broken bones - Any ideas

My foot is purple, swollen and looks horrible. I have had plantar fasciitis for years. I started having a lot of problems about a year ago. I had a cast on my left foot then my right to help with the plantar fasciitis.

While I had a cast on my right I twisted the left. I had x-rays that nothing showed. My podiatrist ordered a MRI and I had to wait 7 weeks for insurance approval. The MRI showed 2 broken bones on the top of my foot. Another cast for 3 weeks.

It's been a month with the cast off. The podiatrist has given up. I've called orthopedic doctors and no one will see me. Went to the ER and they were sympathetic but couldn't find any thing else wrong. I'm doing everything right - hardly walking, putting it up, using wheelchair when I go out. Its getting worse not better.

My house is a disaster! I'm not eating right. I have to take care of my 10 mo grandson, I do that from a rolling chair. I'm exhauted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Health

• You sound misrable. I would talk to your Daughter about finding someone else to watch your grandson, until you feel better or get some help yourself. Maybe there is a 12 your old who wouldn't mind a summer job, to help you out.
    I am not familiar with your condition so I can't say much to help. But see if you qualify for some home health for at least for a hour or two to help with chors and meal prep till you feel better.
    Big hug and hope you feel better soon.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Try looking into curcumin for inflammation. Do the research tho it may not be used in all situations.
    Do you have fibromyalgia?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Thanks DevilnPigtails.
    I do have fibromyalgia and my foot is making my whole body hurt.
    When I said I'm not eating right it's because it's too hard to drive to the store, shop and fix food. I know a lot about easy meals and it's still to hard. The 'it takes too much effort to eat diet.'
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If the doctors can't find anything it could be your fibro making the plantar faciitis. I had that happen. I used SUPERFEET brand insoles to help me. (They are sold by REI.) I worked at a warehouse store and they really helped me. Are you on any pain meds for the fibro?
    Fibro flares where ever it wants to. Sorry this is happening to you. :(
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks, I'll look into the SUPERFEET insoles.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2009