dress alterations???!!!

im maitren of honer in friends wedding in sep, we have an app in aug to do up my dress i need like 7 inches taken off bottom and need to have dress let in not due to waight loss just had to buy a bigger size to have enough fabric to cover bug chest. anyway i heard its gonna be like 200 bucks which i dont have between planning jack and jill and a friends babyshower. so my ?? were have u gone that dosent cost an arm and leg or any ideas were i could go instead. i dont know anyone who does it, and theres no discount if u buy the dress there...anything could help ladies im desprate and low on cash.....

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would ask my mother. Try asking around for a friend that does some sewing. The hem should be easy it is the waist alteration that is going to cost.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• For what you're talking about that's a good price. You're asking someone to take apart and really remake the dress. Alterations usually cost more then to make from Scratch. They are much harder to do. After the dress is made then while the dress is being made.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009