Marshmallows in Jello?

A neighbor told me that she puts marshmallows in her kids' jello... Has anyone else done this?

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 7:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Let the jello cool and just start to set, then stir the marshmallows in. I've used canned drained peaches, pears, cherries, pineapple, apricots and it set fine. I think that fresh pineapple though might make jello not set, but its been a while, so don't take my word for it. Ground up cranberries are nice in it- I grind those and pecans for an old-fashioned salad that my grandmother used to make on the holidays. She added extra sugar, but I don't.

Answer by Bmat at 7:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My mom used to do it all the time. I never do, they don't need the empty sugar calories. I guess for a special occaision it would be okay. She also added fruit along with the marshmallows

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yeah, but if you put the fruit in make sure that you drain it first...or just use fresh fruit. If you don't drain the fruit the Jello doesn't set right for some reason!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes, just make sure the jello cools before you do or you will have all melted marshmallows.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009