Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice.I have had 2 miscarriages (never been pregnant before) and have gotten some blood tests done of which all came back normal.

Now my doctor said that these miscarriages could have just happened by chance(which i know is a possibility);but I have been thinking about seeing a different OB doctor for a second opinion.Now my doctor claims his specialty is OB AND family practice, and someone has told me not to trust that and I should have a doctor who is strictly OB specialty!My doctor says to go ahead and try getting pregnant again(which wasn't the problem.. it was keeping the pregnancy),but I'm afraid of going through a miscarriage again.But I guess trying is the only thing I can do right now. Any comments, advice would be much appreciated!!

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. My sister had 2 miscarriages but she is now 8 months pregnant. She also gets really nervous when she feels a new pain that she has never felt before. I'm now 9 months pregnant and I have similar pains every now and then but they dont bother me as much because I've never miscarried and feel that I have less to worry about. This is my first pregnacy. But like I said before it would not hurt to get a second opinion.
    TieraniMommy

Answer by TieraniMommy at 7:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would also get a second opinion. One of my friends went through two late miscarriges where she actually had to get birth to a stillborn ( so so so sad :(
    She a a weak cervix or something, so she decided to try again because they knew how to fix it, she just needed to get a stitch on there at a certain amount of weeks> She her daughter just turned One :D
    So anyways my point is some doctors don't catch things like that. She had the same doctor for both times she got pregnant. But it just so happened she was out of town for the second miscarrige, and some doctor that didn't even know her figured it out. So i would definitly get another opinion, sounds like your doctors not even trying to look into it. Hope everything works out hun.....good luck. :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• second opinions never hurt, and i had two misses before a successful pregnancy. just give yourself time to heal. it's hard to go through all that, and don't forget to enjoy your time unpregnant and being with your man. although when you do get yours (and you will) enjoy them too. good luck and hope it works out. i had to lose weight to make mine successful (pre-diabeties was messing up my progesteron levels and stuff).
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2009