How do you know God is really there?

And are you scared to die? I know God is there but I sometimes question it ( and I know you should not question God)! I am also having a mojor problem with death, it scares the hell out of me woundering what will happen, will I ever see my kids and family again? THIS IS NOT A BASHING QUESTION! Can somebody give me some scripts to read to help me through this? I love life and my kids so much I could not imagine not living or them not living. I have had not close relatives die and was not able to go to the funearl because I cant handal it ( I did one time and could not breath)!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• DEATH IS PART OF THE CYCLE OF LIFE, ARE YOU AFRAID TO LIVE TOO?? INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT NOT SEEING YOUR KIDS AFTER YOU DIE, WHY NOT MAKE UP FOR IT JUST IN CASE WHILE YOU ARE STILL LIVING? LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE UNKNOWN, IT IS LIKE CROSSING A BRIDGE BEFORE YOU GET TO IT.

Answer by older at 8:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• When I was very young I was scared to die. But now that I'm older I'm not scared anymore. When you believe in God you will not be afraid of dying. You will be with the people you love after death.
    I just know God is there, everyday when the sun goes up and when it goes down, I think only God can do that.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

The Lord is bigger than anything you will experience. And always believe that He is in control. He will not leave your side. Because to be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord. He is a very loving God. For someone who is saved and accepted Jesus as their savor then death is just simply something that you have to do before you get to go home(heaven). Fear is not of the Lord. He wants you to be strong. Pray that the Lord take your fear and replace it with His love and strength.

I hope this has been helpful. God bless.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Read Jeremiah, 29:11. That is one of my favorite scriptures when I am struggling with what and who I am and where I am going. Its a verse thats full of purpose, and hope. Ditto to the previous post as well. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

"The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea," Psalm 46:1-2

"And remember that I am always with you until the end of time." (Jesus) Matthew 28:20

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints" Psalm 116:15

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9-10

(cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• "He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken." Isaiah 25:8

"For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:17

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

"Cast all your cares upon him for he cares for you." I Peter 5:7
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:6-8

How do we know that God is with us? Because he is all around us all the time. "In him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). I see evidence of him working through my life throughout my day. I know he's there beside me. He tells us we do not have to fear death because he has conquered it.

The fear of the unknown and resulting Anticipation Anxiety are normal parts of being a human being. We can have hope and faith in the Lord but sometimes (cont)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• we will still fall into fear by nature of being finite beings. We don't have to be afraid. We know he is with us. Jesus went to prepare a place for us (John 14:3).

Of course, I always suggest praying but if you often find yourself overcome with the preoccupation of death I suggest talking about it with a doctor or therapist. Many times feelings and uncontrollable thoughts like this are not a result of you doubting God but rather an imbalance in your nervous system. If you find your fear of death hinders you from doing normal activities or keeps you from living fully and being happy, I suggest you talk to a pastor and also a doctor/therapist about it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Read this: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=9e942bce258f5110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1 Jesus Christ made it possible for all of us to resurrect, our lives do not begin in this earth, and certainly will not finish here either, there is a purpose for this life, and I can assure you there is a way that families can be together forever, like someone said heaven would not be heaven without those who we love.

Walen

Answer by Walen at 9:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• in the ressurection we will all see each other, that is if we practice in jesus ransom sacrifice
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009