What's so wrong with gerber graduate pasta pick ups?

A while back I asked a question about them and a lot of women were like "EWWWW GROSS!!" Well I ended up getting them (we were going out of town and I needed some easy meals for her) and she loves them! Now I keep a few on hand in case I have one of those chaotic days where I don't cook something for dh and I that she can have, and she usually gets them once a week at most.

Why are so many women so against them and thinking they are "GROSS!!!"? I just don't understand at all. It's like super mini ravioli.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um we loved them! Im curious why people hated them too!
    We usually did some fruit and corn or something to go along with them though! my daughter LOVED them though! She could feed them to herself and they didnt make too big of a mess plus they were SOO easy!
    SaraNRiley

Answer by SaraNRiley at 7:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Because they can lord it over you . Oh you awful, terribly mommy for feeding your child a processed food occaisionally. The vast majority of 'normal' Moms do the same thing. You keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about what they think.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My so LOVES them lol. So I don't know. My husband and I try everything before we give it to him, in case if it is gross. Needless to say we both liked them, as my son still gets them.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i think they are wonderful. They are the SAME thing as a can of ravioli.....so do those women not give their older chidren ravioli from a can? They can be a lifesaver and kids love them. They have an ok nutritional value......so I really don't see a problem with them.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My dd loves them, I however think they are super messy LOL. That's the only gross thing I can think of. My dd is usually a little gooey after eating them.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 7:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• oh, they probably think you should be making raviolis from scratch! lol

there's nothing wrong with them....our sons had them too, before they graduated to "adult sized" pastas.
    Anonymous

• my son liked them they smelled funny to me but he likes anything noodle wise, and like u said they were great on one of thoes days, or if grammy was taken him for the night "here mom he loves this and no real cooking" just heat and serve. but my son liked them..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My son loved them and all the gerber graduate meals, but we found just plain table food was easier and better for him. Table foods or just you make and cook isn't as processed most of the time and theres more nutrients per serving, BUT the pasta pick ups are not bad for your baby. We kept some of them, and other small tubs like them of food in our car in case we were out or at a friends house and what we were eatting wasn't baby friendly
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• not smelled funny bad just to let u ladies know lol just diffrent in a way.... but wernt bad..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I bought a few for my last child when he was younger and he loved them. I didnt buy too many because they tend to be expensive, but what I did buy, he liked them and it gave the ravioli meal without the mess. Yay!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2009