Where can I find cheap used clothing for 5 and 7 year old boys?

Im new to cafe mom.. and really lost.. lol. Does anyone know of any cheap places to find cheap clothing... or anywhere that does clothing swaps? I live close to austin tx..

charityrose

Asked by charityrose at 7:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Shopping

• Goodwill,,thrift stores,,Garage sales,,Walmart

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• fleemarkets i went to one lady who had all her kids and grankids clothes in bins marked 2months toddler even teens they were clean still smelled nice and cost was really cheap even got great deal like u can have that for a buck....
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Charityrose, I'm also in the Austin Area. Goodwill here is actually more expensive than Target. Go figure?

I strongly recommend looking at some of the lots people post on Craig's List and even on Freecycle. We have a very active community on both here.

Also, hit the local boards here on Cafemom or even on Craigslist and see if you can find a mom with sons the right ages to swap with you. Like a mom with an 8 and a 6 year old! lol

Unfortunately, I'm the opposite so I can't help at all. I have 1, 4 and 6.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'm in the Houston area and I use freecycle some but find it hard to "be the first" in line for stuff unless you are on the computer all day. You can ask for things and maybe have a bit more luck. Decent thrift or resale shops are big here. Have you tried Ebay? I find prices are very reasonable nowdays. Ross, Walmart, Target and Marshalls are not bad for new clothes. Many times the sales are better than a thrift shop. Good Luck.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2009