quilts and bumpers.....

i seen a pp.....and was wondering what the age to start using the quilt is. and when do i take the bumper out of the crib....and drop the matress down>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I actually never used my quilt because it was so pretty and blankets worked just fine, maybe around 10-12 months I used blankets that weren't swaddled..swaddled til about 2-3 months then made sure to dress them warm enough...

bumpers til they can roll over or move around enough to get near them...they are dangerous if a baby puts their face into them...you can actually never use them

I dropped the mattress first when he could roll over, then when he could sit up, then to the lowest when he could get on his hands and knees because that just leads to standing and trying to climb
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I started using a light blanket at about 6 months. I wouldn't use a heavy quilt until a child is over a year.
    I didn't use bumpers until her legs started getting trapped in the bars, around 5 months. Then I took them out once she could pull to standing, about 7 months. At that point, kids can start to use them as step stools when climbing out.
    The crib mattress level should be low enough that the top rail of the crib is at nipple height or higher on the baby. Once the child is trying to climb out, you either have to find a way to stop the climbing (a crib tent for example) or move the child to a bed. Of course in a bed, the young toddler will have free run of his room and can climb the other furniture instead. And if you don't confine him to his room somehow, he has free run of the house too - all at 2am while you are asleep and he is bored. Not all kids are noisy or come looking for mom.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I didn't have any quilts, but they did have fleecy blankets and I would use them according to the temp.

bumpers....they had til they were used for a step to climb out. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2009