BFing and Prego???

I have been breastfeeding my daughter for 1 year. Its been 5 weeks since my last period. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and they have all come back negative. However I feel very pregnant. Has anyone else had the same thing happen to you, if so what happened.

BoringMommy

Asked by BoringMommy at 8:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I breastfed my son until this month, he is sixteen months old. I got pregnant around his first birthday. My pregnancy tests came back positive when I was almost four weeks pregnant. However I didn't have a positive one with my son until about eight weeks. So Yes it is possible, and not all tests are right. The test that worked the best for me was the dollar store one, it caught my pregnancy way earlier than the expensive ones. Get a blood test tho to be sure.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had the same issue... It took two weeks longer for me to finally test positive; even tested at the drs office and was negative. He wanted to put me on a medicine you can't be on if you're pregnant; I didn't take it for a week and retested, and voila, baby #2 on the way. You know your body; I agree with LucasMama08, get a blood test to confirm. Good luck and let us know how you're doing! God Bless!!!!!
    scaredmom1

Answer by scaredmom1 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2009