About how long will it take for me to go into labor if I'm already dialated to 1?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How dilated you are is not an indication of when labor will start. Could be tomorrow could be months

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It could be any amount of time with my first I was dilated to 1 for 3 weeks then had to be induced with my 2nd I went to the doctor i was dilated to 1 3 hours later i was in the l&d department at a 4
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Being dialated to 1 really doesn't mean anything unfortunately. You can be that far dialated for weeks and weeks with no progress. I would go by your due date and any signs of labor such as diarrhea, muscus plug, nesting, etc.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I was dilated to a 2 for 2 months. and still had to be induced after going a week over due. GL
    Anonymous

• I was 1 centimeter for over a month. Unfortunately being dilated doesn't mean you will be popping that baby any time soon all the time. Dilation can be a fast or slow process depending on your body. What you really want to know is how effaced you are. The higher percent the better. That means you are getting there. To get you in the hospital and hooked up you need to be about 70 - 75% effaced and they prefer about 2 or 3 centimeters dilation.
    WickedRo

Answer by WickedRo at 8:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I was at 1 for a little over a month so a month or tomorrow.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I was 1cm at 37wks and stayed that way for 2wks, at 39wks I was 2cm dilated, but still didn't end up going into labor on my own until I was 2 days over due...

Dilation doesn't mean anything when it comes to labor...some women start to dilate early on, and some don't dilate until they go into full-blown labor...just depends.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Being dilated or not is not an indication of when labor will start, you can go from 0 to 10 cm in a couple of hours but you can also walk around a couple of cm dilated for many weeks. It doesn't mean anything.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2009