My daughter gets tense and all shaken up and crys in a crowds whats shoud i do?

since she was 2mos old if there is too many ppl around she gets all tenses and shakes and throws up and crys. she is now 11 1/2 mos old and she still does it. what should i do? i try to avoid crowds with her. i know when i take her into an open space she stops everything right away. but the sec i put her bk she starts alll over. plz we reply with what i should do

mjsmom09

Asked by mjsmom09 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Talk to her pediatrician first, explore reasons, possibilities, if it is expected for an 11 1/2 month old to react this way in certain environments. Could it be the noise? Perhaps she's just over-stimulated.
    caitlin901

Answer by caitlin901 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I get claustrophobic too in crowds, and if I can't see a way out, I tend to freak.
    So...when I am in a crowded place, whether i'm in traffic and in my car or at the mall around people, I just try to find an exit and concentrate on that. I try not to panic and just realize that there IS a way out.

Some reasons why we may be experiencing this type of fear are:

* You may just be a shy person by nature

* Unable to desensitize yourself from all of the emotions from others around you

* You do not feel safe around so many people you do not know personally

* Media coverage

Good ways to over come this are:

# Use the affirmation I am safer in crowds

# Breathe deeply and slowly in a controlled manner

# Keep your focus by listening to calming music through headphones

# Talk with and to others more often in different situations
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 8:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I would bring your concern up to her pediatrician. My son is sensitive to loud noises, and when you have a crowded place the volume is louder, so that could be the issue. It could also be a sensory thing, too much stimulation. If she's throwing up in a crowded environment thats not healthy, or normal, and the underlying issue needs to be discovered.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• its not the noise at all.. she has been to concerts and never cryed once. she gets like it when there is tons off ppl sitting around talking, it can b from 4 and up of the crowd she gets tense and stuff... i try to avoid all as possible
    mjsmom09

Answer by mjsmom09 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Wow im sorry 2 hear that, I'd explore the possibility of being clausterphobic (probably mispelled)
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• It sounds like sensory overload. Definitely talk to your pediatrician.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• well thats what alot of my fam is saying the clausterphobic.. but i am going to talk to her dr on the 29th when she goes in for her 1yr check up... i avoid all as possible.. but when i found out more and thanks for the answers... i will post to say
    mjsmom09

Answer by mjsmom09 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2009