I'm 38 weeks pregnant and dialated to 1 centimeter. I have been having some very sharp pain in my "downstairs" area with lots of pressure. Any ideas of what the sharp pains mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same situation with my second child. I can't tell you the number of times that I went to the hospital thinking maybe I was in labor. Unfortunately, my doctor told me that it was just my cervix preparing for birth and that I would probably experience that pressure and pain for awhile. There wasn't anything that helped resolve the pain either. The only thing I can say is you will delivering soon, so good luck!
    WickedRo

Answer by WickedRo at 8:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Please learn to use the proper names for body parts and their functions before your child starts to speak
    Anonymous

• Anon 8:47 what is your problem? go to bed.
    Anonymous

• wow that other girl was a (well you get it lol) but it's probably just your body saying get ready girl! i'd take it easy for awhile and enjoy being preggo for the last days as much as you can. and rest up!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009