anyone have bi-racial children?

First, I want you all to know that I am not trying to sound racist by asking this question!

I'm Caucasian and my fiance is Latino, and I've been thinking a lot about what our daughter might look like. Now, I realize she could have ANY combination of our genes and that she will get what she gets but I was wondering who else has bi-racial children, what race are you and what race is the father? do your children look more like you, or more like the dad?

I'm very fair skinned, blond, and have green eyes. My fiance isn't VERY dark but he's obviously Latino and he has the darkest eyes. I'm just pondering what she'll look like, I know the darker genes tend to dominate but you never know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My daughter is mostly caucasian and 1/8 Cuban. It seems that the cuban is more dominate in my daughter. Olive skin, dark brown eye, dark brown hair. I have a friend that has 2 kids. Mom is about 50% hispanic and 50% white, dad is irish. thier girl is pale skin and fire engine red hair with green eyes and their son is more on the hispanic side with jet black hair and brown eyes and darker skin. You just never know until she gets here.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• my aunt had a daughter with a latino man. she is white with brown/red hair, blue eyes. her ex husband is obviously darked skinned with dark eyes. their daughters skin is lighter than her fathers and she has brown hair with brown eyes.
    Anonymous

• I learned in psych that the brown eye and hair gene is dominant so chances are she'll have dark hair and eyes like him, the rest is up in the air from me. My mom is white, my father is indian, I have brown hair and dark brown eyes. My BF is latino, he has light brown eyes and dark hair. He has the light eye gene on his fathers side, and I have it on my mothers side, so there is a one in four chance our baby with have SOME light color to his/her eyes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, personally. When I was born I was darker than I am now (thanks to moving to NY and staying in doors away from the sun for 5 years) I had lovely deep tan skin when I was younger (esp growing up in FL) now everyone thinks I'm spanish, light skin, dark hair and eyes. Only guyanese ppl can tell im guyanese.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• not too sure my daughter is going to be multi-racial so idk i just hope beautiful as ever lol
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 8:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• My daughter will be half white, half latino. I'm very fair skinned, dark brown hair with blue eyes and the father is dark with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. No matter what, our daughter will be beautiful in our eyes. I imagine her with caramel colored skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I'm black (medium skin) and dh is white. When he had hair, lol, it was blond and he has light blue eyes. I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My dd has dark brown hair (lighter than mine though) and dark brown eyes like me. Ds has medium brown hair and medium-dark brown eyes. They both have what I would call "perfectly tanned skin" They are a good mix of us.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• You never know how the genes will play out... Take Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys and Halle Berry for examples; they are beautiful women who have caucasian mothers and black fathers.
    Anonymous

• I am a mix myself. I have Indian, Irish, Russian, and Mexican. I have been told I look Mexican or Italian. lol. My husband is mostly Black with some Irish and Indian way back in the lines somewhere. Our Daughter is a beautiful mix. She has ringlets more my hair color than his. She even has the natual red highlights I get in the summer. :) I am very pale and my husband is a bit on the darker side. Our daughter on the other hand is in the middle between us but tans in the summer. lol. She could pass for Mexican easily and she is only 1/8th. So you never know. I am excited to see what our next daughter will look like. What ever your baby looks like I am sure she will be beautiful. =D
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Yes my 15month old is mixed with black and white...and im prego with our second baby . WHo will also be black and white mixed...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• well i haven't seen my lil one yet, he's still in the womb...but he'll be multi-racial considering his father is black/caucasian/hispanic/native american & i'm just plain white with a lil mixed in here & there from far off ancestors. who knows, our lil man can come out looking like any of the above. i know with the father his mom was black his dad was the rest, & he came out looking exactly like his father...looks just about white, but depending on how he has his hair can make himself seem more hispanic...it just depends...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2009