How do you define "Pro-Life"

If you are pro-life does that mean you do not think there is EVER a reason to have an abortion? I was reading another post and was trying to find the line between pro-life and pro-choice. So, what do you consider yourself and why? I will go first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I do not believe in judging others, so while I won't tell anyone that they are wrong, I, personally am Pro-Life. There are so many couples out there that want to be parents, but cannot conceive a child. Adoption should always be considered; after all, it is a women's body, but the baby has a body, too; they just can't talk yet. I am a Christian, as well, but I believe that the only One with a right to judge anyone is God, not me; I was not given the wisdom to judge anyone but myself. Anyway, this convoluted answer is to say that I am Pro-Life, but supportive of all people. I truly believe the Golden Rule; treat others as you would want to be treated, and I HATE to be judged. Make sense to anyone?????
    scaredmom1

Answer by scaredmom1 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm Pro-Choice and when I hear Pro-life I usually assume it translates as Anti-Choice. Someone can think abortion is wrong, but still think its up to each woman to choose whats right for her; those I call Anti-Abortion.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I consider my self pro-choice but if I am being totally honest, there are very few "situations" I find where abortion is acceptable, if its possible to put those 2 words together. However, since I can not say No one, ever- should have an abortion I have to consider my self pro-choice. I also have my tubes tied and am over 40 so the chances of abortion being a factor for me personally is pretty slim. (that is until my boys are older) so I am not sure if I am in a position to mandate what happens to others. On the other hand, I admit that abortion as family planning or to support your lifestyle makes my stomach hurt! Still, I consider myself pro-choice.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I hate labels. I am pro-choice, anti-war and anti-death-penalty. What does that make me?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• That makes you a thinker, your views change depending on the circumstances surrounding "death". I can see how all 3 views come from the same person.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I believe that life begins at conception. I am a Christian and the Bible says "I knew you before you were born, when you were knit together in your mothers womb" or something like that, I am paraphrasing because I don't have a Bible in front of me. I do not think there is ever a time for an abortion. To me, abortion means murder. They are willingly ending the life of another human being. And in case someone brings this up, I am also pro death penalty. To me, the inmate that committed a crime, to get a death sentence, deserves to die. An unborn child, does not. Bash away.
    psychmama

Answer by psychmama at 8:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I am pro-life all the way, i dont believe anyone for any reason should get an abortion, unless there was rape, when adoption is an option for everyone, however if a women has to choose to terminate a pregnancy in order to safe her life, or the child has a condition were it is impossiable for the baby to live outside the whom, it is a different story. and I dont belive it to be wrong.
    Anonymous

• ANON 847- you and I are pretty close in our views, but I consider myself pro-choice. ( I also add abuse, incest and a few others in there-but maybe that is all considered rape)
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• "inmate that committed a crime, to get a death sentence, deserves to die."

I thought god only has the right to take away a life.
    Anonymous

• I am pro choice because a woman should have the right to do whatever they want with their body.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2009