sick while pregnant? (need advice please!!)

i was wondering what options are available for when you're sick while pregnant?? it started late last night but i thought it might just be allergies, but woke up today feeling like crap. my head feels like its caught in a trash compactor, my sinuses are stuffed, my throat is very scratchy, i have phlegm coming out the wazoo, & my cough is gurgly & getting worse (the cough is the worse considering i pee a little every time i cough!). is there anything to make it ease up that is pregnancy-safe?? do i need to see my doctor if i get sick when im pregnant?? like, is it worse to get sick during pregnancy?? any advice would be great thanks =)

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go see the doctor, because besides tylenol, only they can give you something that would be safe for the baby. Good luck hun, hope you feel better soon . :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• go see your Dr :) your immune system is compromised anyway because you are pregnant- they want to monitor everything for you :)
    Anonymous

• it's probably just allergies i have the same problem but it's not as bad as it was in the beginning ( the peeing while i sneeze and cough is still here tho lol ) but always talk to your doctor about it ... you should be able to take claratin for it doesnt do too much for me but maybe it'll work better for you
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 8:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I had that problem really bad from 4 months to 6 months. They told me to take PLAIN sudafed, nothing added into it. you'd have to go to a drug store and get it from the pharmacists because you cannot get straight up sudafed on the shelves. extra strength tylenol is fine and again PLAIN Robitussin. but make sure you check with the pharmacy on EVERYTHING. they will be able to help you.
    javila

Answer by javila at 8:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• i got sick around 20 weeks, it was the flu going around here. I was on bed rest the whole time, lots of fluids, constant temp. taking. I took tylenol when my fever hit above 100, and thats all i took. I know we're allowed claritan (sp?) i say call your doc, see them and ask.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• I just got over the same thing. My doctor told me to take regular sudafed during the day and benadryl at night because it will help me sleep. I couldn't sleep for anything, I was soooo sick.
    I hope you feel better!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2009