Does anyone feel that autism is caused by vaccines?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. If anything, it's "mercury poisoning imitating autism".
    Anonymous

• Not at all.
    Anonymous

• NO! Not one bit!
    Anonymous

• He!! no. To me it's a excuse to take a kid to the dr. JMO
    Anonymous

• No. If it "is" than how come we don't sign a paper saying this vaccine may cause autism?
    Anonymous

• I don't think so, we've been getting these vaccines for years and years and autism is a recent thing isn't it? I don't think there was really autism in the early 1900s or anything.
    Anonymous

• No, not at all... Vaccines help children from getting some very dangerous stuff, tetnus, which lives in the soil can harm a child if an open wound gets infected with it. Pertusis, or whooping cough can cause a child to be on a vent and die if not traeted. The benefits outway the risks.
    If they did cause AS, I think we would have far more cases a year than we do JMHO....
    Anonymous

I agree!
    Anonymous

• The autism scare actually started as a result of a paper published in the mid 90s showing a correlation between the mercury in certain vaccines and health problems such as autism. The paper was later refuted as having faulty research, and even the guy who wrote the paper came out saying it was based on faulty research. By that time though it was too late; people were jumping on the anti-vac bandwagon and no one wanted to admit a mistake had been made.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Absolutely, I believe they can. The studies stating the contrary are flawed in methodology. Beyond that, we're at 1 in 150 odds of autism, at a time when our children are getting more vaccines than ever. Obviously, there are other triggers, but I know too many moms who know their children are autistic due to vaccination.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 9:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2009