i've heard that raspberry leaf tea is good for inducing labor. but i'm afraid of side effects that may hurt my baby. any one know anything about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its good to start getting the cervix loosened up. (as far as I can recall)

I drank gallons of the stuff. make sure its RED Raspberry Leaf tea, there is a difference

and good luck!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2009

• For thousands of years midwives of old and chinese herbalists have used herbs with very good results. Most of our allopathic medicines have come from herbs. A safe, commonly used herbal tonic for pregnancy is red raspberry leaf tea.

What does Red Raspberry Leaf Do? Red Raspberry leaf does not start labor or promote contractions.It is NOT an emmenagogue or oxytocic herb. What it does is help strengthen the pelvic and uterine muscles so that once labor does start the muscles will be more efficient.
    Anonymous

• The tea wont induce you, it helps tone the uterus and strengthen the cervix. I would me more concerned about trying to force your baby out before it is born than the possible side effects of the tea.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2009